Competitions Site:Brooklyn Gallery’ International Juried Exhibition: The Body
International Deadline: January 30, 2019 – This is a worldwide call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn.
The human body has inspired artists throughout the ages – it was often used to explore myth and allegory, signify beauty, sexuality, or life itself. The twentieth and twenty-first centuries saw a significant expansion of the importance of the body in art. Bodily representation still acts as a repository for beauty, nature, or religious ideas, but it has also taken on new roles. They bear and sometimes thwart identity, are sites of political and social struggle, and are fragmented or unseen.
On display March 15, 2019 – April 13, 2019.
Benjamin Sutton is an art critic, journalist, and curator who lives in Park Slope. He is the News Editor at Artsy and his articles on public art, artist documentaries, the tedium of art fairs, and art crime have appeared there and in Hyperallergic, artnet, Brooklyn Magazine, Art+Auction, and elsewhere. He has curated exhibitions at the Lower East Side Printshop, Field Projects, the Spring Break Art Show, and the Gowanus Loft.… see more
This is a juried exhibition for artists working in drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, wall mounted sculpture, collage, and video. This exhibition is open to all artists 18 years of age or older.
The fee is $35.00 for up to three (3) images, $10 for each additional image. If adding additional images please do so prior to check out. All entry fees are non-refundable.
Only original works may be submitted. Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges are final.
- Maximum Size: 60” X 60” X 12” D
- All artwork must be suitably framed to a professional standard. All framed work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Assemblage, canvas and wood panels do not require a frame. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges are permitted.
- Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No artwork may be substituted.
- Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
All artwork must be priced for sale. Artwork cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit. Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed.
- Final Submission Deadline: January 30, 2019
- Notification Letter: February 8, 2019
- Gallery Exhibition: March 15, 2019 – April 13, 2019
- Opening Reception: Friday, March 15, 2019 from 6-9 PM
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists. The gallery is located in the heart of the Gowanus arts district on 7th Street.
165 7th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11215