Competitions Mixed Media
International Deadline: September 17, 2018 – This is an open worldwide call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn. This exhibition will reflect the ambitious, innovative and contemporary in mixed media today. On display September November 9, 2018 thru December 15, 2018.
Mixed media is a term used to describe artworks composed from a combination of different media or materials.
Gracie Mansion is an independent art consultant, curator, and advisor to individuals, museums, and corporations. She was a pioneer in the East Village, opening up her first gallery in the bathroom of her apartment in 1982. She continued to exhibit contemporary art in her galleries in the East Village, SoHo, and Chelsea. Ms. Mansion also served on the art advisory committee for Artnet, The New School for Social and ArtTable… see more
This call for submission is open to all artists worldwide, 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in painting.
The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
Only original works may be submitted. Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges are final.
Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, September 24, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by September 29, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK
- Maximum Size: 72” X 60” X 12” D
- All artwork (work) must be suitably framed to a professional standard. All framed work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Assemblage, canvas and wood panels do not require a frame. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges are permitted.
- Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No price or title changes are allowed after entry. No artwork may be substituted.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
All artwork must be priced for sale. Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
Final Submission Deadline: September 17, 2018
Notification Letter Date: September 24, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: November 9 –December 15, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday November 9, 2018 from 6-9PM
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists. The gallery is located in the heart of the Gowanus arts district on 7th Street.
165 7th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11215